LAN mode in offline situations
14 people who participated in the LAN mode issues survey indicated they have issues with the LAN mode in offline situations.
- 7 of them use a main router. Only 1 of those is provided by an ISP. In this case by the ISP Claro in the Domincan Republic. Most of these routers are about 2 years old.
- 6 of them use an additional router. The age of these varies: 2x half year, 2x 1 year, 2x equal or older than 3 years.
- 1 user uses an additional accesspoint. This accesspoint is about 1 year old.
Most survey participants having issues with the LAN mode in offline situations use a TP-Link router/accesspoint. This is followed by Xiaomi.
Remarks provided by the participants:
- The Mikrotik hAP AC2 is connected in bridge to a Mikrotik RB2011iLS.
- Pairing devices straight to the TP-Link VR900 is not possible. Needs the help of another router with the same WiFi credentials. After pairing the WiFI of the VR900 is enabled again and the eWeLink supported devices do connect fine to the VR900.
eWeLink supported devices
On the amount of connected eWeLink supported devices there was one unclear answer. We left out that answer in our calculations.
The average amount of connected eWeLink supported devices in offline situations is 16. The highest amount is 30, the lowest 4.
The device types involved varies much but most of them are of the Sonoff brand. Only a few exceptions like Kingart, Eachen and other lesser known brands.
ISP connection losses
The disconnection of the ISP connection varies but mostly is only once a few months or once a year.
These are the issues reported in offline situations:
As you can see devices that support LAN mode and show up as offline in offline situations is the issue that occurs the most. The follow up is “Delayed execution of device commands (lag)” together with “Devices(s) do not react at all after sending a command”. Issues with opening the app occurs the least of the issues.
Free form answers provided are:
- Device work one time and lost LAN connection after that, another device recover connection and work normally coupe of times and lost connection again
- Once internet connection is down, device will constantly disconnect from WiFi and reconnect after every 10 sec. Making the device mostly unavailable due to reconnect attempt.
- It would be perfect to have scenes working in LAN mode.
- Device work one time and lost lan connection after that, another device recover connection and work normally coupe of times and lost connection again