The purpose of beta versions
A good app needs a beta version which needs to be tested by a usergroup before releasing the final release of the app. This usergroup hunts for bugs and reports them to the developer. Mostly beta versions don’t provide all intended functionality and all of the functionality available can be unstable. This is why a beta version never should be used for daily use if you depend on a good operation of the app.
Becoming a beta tester
Currently (since June 23rd, 2020) eWeLink only has a beta program for iOS users. Mainly to test the return of the Network Diagnostics feature. A maximum of 10,000 users are invited to join the beta test on Apple’s TestFlight: https://testflight.apple.com/join/LEja2wM3
For Android beta versions of eWeLink occasionally got shared on their official eWeLink Telegram group.
Be aware of the following:
- Beta versions are mainly available for iOS. Sometimes Android beta versions do get released semi-public.
- Beta versions are not meant for daily use. It can still contain bugs and might lack some functionality which can be added at a later moment. When you heavily rely on eWeLink it is best to keep using the official release instead of the beta version.
- Beta versions mostly overwrites the normal official release of eWeLink. You can always go back to the older official release version by uninstalling the beta version and re-installing the official release version from the Google Play Store / App Store. This will not be possible anymore once the beta becomes the official release. In that case you can only go back to a previous version when you have backuped that older version and you are able to install that backup manually.
- For Android: Beta versions needs to be installed manually. You need to be familiair on how to do this.
- For iOS: General iOS beta testing information can be found on the eWeLink for iOS beta invitation page: https://testflight.apple.com/join/LEja2wM3 Although please use the in-app Feedback feature described below instead of the TestFlight bugreport feature .
Download location beta public test
- iOS: read the instructions on https://testflight.apple.com/join/LEja2wM3
- To report a bug please report this with the in-app Feedback feature described below instead of the TestFlight bugreport features.
- Android: Be a member of the official eWeLink Telegram group. Android beta’s often get shared here by eWeLink.
Official release version
- Check our App Releases page.
To use the beta of eWeLink eWeLink expect you to report any bug you have found. We personally would advise you to also make a screenshot of the bug (if possible) to attach to the bugreport. You can attach 2 images to a bugreport (not video’s).
To report a bug
- Check this Knowledge Base article on how to create a ticket for a bugreport: Creating tickets for bugreports and feedback and viewing them
- Describe the bug. You can add the steps to reproduce the bug to make it more clear to the developers which bug you encountered. Also screenshots of the bug can be very helpfull to the developers.
Sometimes you will recieve an e-mail with some common issues and there solutions. Review this e-mail and take action if needed. Sometimes the solution is already in the e-mail and sometimes you will need to reply to let eWeLink take further action.
Please see our Releases page for more information about the latest final release version.