Since December 17th eWelink started to support linking to Samsung’s SmartThings. At first the linking process was unclear but later on became more clear. Then people started wondering which exact products are supported. eWeLink has published a list with examples of devices that are supported for the SmartThings integration.
Supported categories of devices
In general the following categories of devices are supported to use within SmartThings:
- Outlets (smart plugs and sockets)
- Switches / dimmers (mostly on / off devices)
- Open / closed sensor
The outlets category is a wide range of smart plugs and sockets. Examples given by eWeLink are the Sonoff S26, Sonoff S20 and Sonoff S55. But several C338 smart plugs of several brands are also known to work with SmartThings.
eWeLink also states that power measurement devices are also supported such as the Sonoff POW, Sonoff POWR2, and the Sonoff S31. From our own experience also the SA-001 of different brands is supported. It seems that only the on / off feature of these devices is supported.
Random products for categories Plugs, Outlets and Power Consumption Meters
Switches / dimmers
This category mostly contains on / off devices. Examples given by eWeLink are 1-, 2-, 3- and 4-gang devices such as the Sonoff 4CHR2/PROR2, Sonoff MINI, Sonoff TX and the Sonoff BASICR2. Also switches with temperature and humidity measurement like the Sonoff TH10 and TH16 are mentioned although we have doubts whether it shows the measured values. We don’t own a TH10 or TH16 ourselves and can’t confirm or deny whether displaying the measurement values works.
Random products for category Switches
- Motion detection based on harmless microwave radar induction detection instead of PIR. This means better motion detection.
- Easily to setup modes:
- Motion sensor: Automatically turn on at motion detection and automatically turn of after a duration set after no motion detected.
- Power-saving: Manually turn on and automatically turn off after a duration set after no motion detected.
- Push notifications at motion detection.
- Should fit easily in EU in-wall switch boxes.
- Requires both live and neutral wires!
In this category it is al about devices that emits normal light such as A60 filament light bulbs, RGB light bulbs and the L1 ledstrip. Setting the brightness and color is supported.
Random products for category Lights
- 5050 LED light strip, not water proof!
- 5 meter LED light strip, 30 LEDs per meter
- Not recommend to extend the default kit!
- Can be easily cut and paste which allows you to mold it to any shape you want or decorate any object you want
- Default kit can be extended to a limit of 10 meters in total
- Versions with power adapters for EU and US
- Infrared remote control included
Open / closed sensor
For this category only Zigbee window/door sensors connected though a eWeLink supported Zigbee hub are supported.
Random products with attribute “door sensor”
It is possible that this list also shows non-Zigbee products. Please check each individual product information page to check whether it supports Zigbee or not.
Future plans of eWeLink with SmartThings
eWeLink writes they will add more devices to support SmartThings in the future. They are also planning to introduce a more in-depth linking method.
This newsarticle is based on information that can be found within the eWeLink app at Message > Explore > SmartThings Compatible Products via account linking.