How to add eWeLink devices to Samsung SmartThings?
Adding your eWeLink devices to SmartThings is based on device types. You add devices of the same type all at once. Once you added the devices of a specific type you might need to add other types of devices too if needed. At the moment of this writing (December 20th, 2020) not all types of eWeLink supported devices are supported yet. To discover which kind of eWeLink supported devices are usable within SmartThings you will have to try it out.
Step 1: Open SmartThings and press the “+” button
- Open the SmartThings app.
- Tap the
Step 2: Choose “Device”
Step 3: Select a way how to add a devices
There are 2 ways to link devices of eWeLink to SmartThings: by brand or by device type. Choose in which way you want to proceed:
Step 3a: add devices by brand
Step 3a 1: choose brand
Step 3a 2: choose a device type
- Tap the type of devices you want to add. In our example we choose
- Proceed to step 4.
Step 3b: add devices by device type
Step 3b 1: choose a device type
By device type.
- Tap a device type that is supported by the SmartThings integration for eWeLink. In our example we use
Step 3b 2: choose brand
Step 3b 3: choose correct driver
- For WiFi only devices choose
eWeLink Smart Home. For all other kind of devices choose the correct driver. In our example we will use
eWeLink Smart Homefor WiFi-only switches.
Step 4: select location and room
- Select the location where you want to add the devices.
- Select the room of the chosen location where you want to add the devices.
Step 5: login to your eWeLink account
- Choose the
Country/regionyou chosed at signing up your eWeLink account.
Accountyou fill in your eWeLink account name.
Passwordyou fill in your eWeLink password.
Log Inwhen you finished filling in all fields of the form.
Step 6: close the linking confirmation
- Tap the
Xat the upper left corner.
Step 7: close devices added confirmation
- You now see a confirmation of the devices that are added to your SmartThings account.
Step 8: completed
- The devices of the device type you have chosen will show up between the other devices on the main screen of the SmartThings app.